Sunergy Announces the Appointment of P.K. Rana Medhi to Chairman of the Board of DirectorsOn Tuesday June 30, 2009, 8:08 am EDT
SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwire - 06/30/09) - Sunergy, Inc. (the "Company") (OTC.BB:SNEY - News) is pleased to announce the appointment of director P.K. Rana Medhi to Chairman of the Board of Directors. Purnendu K. Medhi is a principal of Minerals Management International, a cooperative of mining professionals that provides comprehensive mining management services and technical support internationally to mineral industry and financial institutions. He also serves as Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources and Trustee of the Boards of the Mining Foundation of the Southwest and AIPG Foundation. Mr. Medhi retired from Cyprus Amax Minerals Company in 1994 after 28 years of service in order to start his own consulting practice. At Cyprus he held various senior technical and management positions including general manager of several of its operating divisions where he participated in many of the industrial mineral, base metal and gold discoveries and mine development projects and played a key role in developing roasting, leaching and SX-EW technology. Mr. Medhi holds a Masters of Science degree from the University of Arizona and is a Registered Mining and Engineering Geologist in the states of Arizona and Oregon and a Certified Professional Geologist with the American Institute of Professional Geologists. He is also an adjunct professor of mining technology and geology with community colleges of Arizona.
Company President Joseph Guerrero said: "We are extremely fortunate to have Rana as Chairman of our Board of Directors. His experience and wisdom in the mining industry and international business community will serve our Company well in developing our business plan in Ghana, West Africa and other areas of interest."
About Sunergy: The Company is an aggressive junior mining exploration and development Company that is production oriented at the earliest possible profitable opportunity. We control 100% of the 150 SQ. Km. Nyinahin mining concession with a full prospecting license. The concession is surrounded by several operating mines and is adjacent to Newmont Mining's property. This concession has the Ofin river flowing through our eastern portion and there are numerous artisan pits ready for testing and evaluation for near term production. The Ofin river is known for good alluvial gold production. Artisans usually recover about 30% of the available gold through primitive hand methods, which leaves 60-70% to be recovered by modern mechanical operations.
Further information is available on the Company's website www.sunergygold.com
Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This current report contains "forward-looking statements," as that term is defined in Section 27A of the United States Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Statements in this press release which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements and include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future, including but not limited to, any mineralization, development or exploration of the Nyinahin Mining Concession.
Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others, the inherent uncertainties associated with mineral exploration and difficulties associated with obtaining financing on acceptable terms. We are not in control of metals prices and these could vary to make development uneconomic. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release, and we assume no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Although we believe that the beliefs, plans, expectations and intentions contained in this press release are reasonable, there can be no assurance that such beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions will prove to be accurate. Investors should consult all of the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factors disclosure outlined in our most recent annual report for our last fiscal year, our quarterly reports, and other periodic reports filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.Contact Info: Joseph B. Guerrero President Sunergy Inc. 8711 E. Paraiso Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85255 Phone: 480.477.5810 email@example.com